Essay # 1 Outline Guide
Instructions: Complete each section of the outline with the required information. Be as thorough as possible because you will use this outline to write your final essay. Upload the completed document in the Assignment Folder for Essay 1 – Outline on or before the assignment deadline. Write in complete sentences and with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Paragraph 1: Introduction
· Sentence to introduce topic or background information:
· Thesis Statement:
Paragraph 2: Support Paragraph about Main Topic #1
· Major Point #1: Discuss what you learned? How did you learn this lesson?
· Provide 1-2 examples and/or details for Major Point #1:
Paragraph 3: Support Paragraph about Main Topic #2
· Major Point #2: How has what you learned changed your life? _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Provide 1-2 examples and/or details for Major Point #2 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Paragraph 4: Conclusion
Summarize thesis and major points.
1. Write a draft thesis statement for you Essay under “ Draft Thesis Statement .”
2. Review your “ Draft Thesis Statement .” Is it clear and specific? Does it only have one main idea? Next, revise the draft thesis statement and write it under “Revised Thesis Statement.”
3. Upload this document to the appropriate Assignment Folder. The folders will be named “Thesis Only – Essay 1.”
4. Essay Topic: Write a 4-paragraph narrative essay about a time that you learned something new that changed you in some way.
Revised Thesis Statement: