Article Provides Additional Information
- Pick a topic covered in the recommended classroom textbook, and/or class lecture notes that you are interested in and would like to learn more about.
- Find a published journal article (may be an online journal article) on the same topic.
- Article needs to be current – published within the past 5 years.
- Article needs to come from a peer reviewed journal.
- Attach pdf copy of article to email, along with your written critique.
- Write an Article Critique addressing the following:
- Write a 1 page summary of how the topic is addressed in the book/class – identify the page numbers/slides (20 points).
- Write a 2 pages summary of how the article provides additional information, a different perspective, or a combination of both (20 points).
Article Critique also needs to meet the following:
- Be at least 3 pages in length (typed, double-spaced, font 12) – does not include cover page or References page (15 points).
- At least 2 references need to be cited correctly within the text, and at the end in the Reference section (10 points).
- Article Critique needs to be grammatically correct, including sentence structures and spelling (20 points).
- Article Critique needs to be turned in on time, by due date; may be turned in before due date (15 points).