Coalcapacity Factorfuel Costsystem Pricecarbon
Use the LCOE calculator in the link below and the supplementary user guide and answer the questions below.http://stanford.edu/dept/gsb_circle/cgi-bin/sustainableEnergy/LCOE.py
- Explain the main components of the LCOE formula and the benefits of this approach compared to other financial metrics such as NPV, IRR, and BCR.
- Use the calculator to calculate the LCOE of each of the following technologies for a utility-scale power plant in California.
- Natural Gas Combined Cycle
- Pulverized Coal
- Note: Instructor can change the state and technology or assign different states and technologies to students.
- Explain how each of the factors below impact the LCOE. How does a 10% increase and 10% reduction for each of these variables impact LCOE of solar, wind, NGCC, and coal
- Capacity factor
- Fuel cost
- System price
- Carbon emissions cost
- Provide an example of a policy in your province that would improve the LCOE of clean energy technologies