Engl 2311 Process Description
1.Please upload ONLY your Chunked Instructions for grading. I DO NOT want the finished product. If, however, you have already inserted your graphics, please don’t delete them to submit. I will simply ignore the graphics.
After you receive my feedback, add your graphics (if not already done so), polish the Chunked Instructions, and post the file in the Discussion Board. You will peer review the person you has posted after you on the Discussion Board, so you may need to come back to download their file. Within 24 hours of their post, or before noon on 11/14/22, you must reply to their post and upload your completed Useability Test Form. This form will be graded.
2.Project 2 – Step D
In the final step of Project 2, you are going to test one of your peer’s instructions. In order to complete this final step, you will need to complete the specific steps below. You will be responsible for reviewing the instructions posted immediately after yours in the discussion board. Students who do not follow this instruction will not receive credit for this assignment. Your review must be saved, and then posted as a reply to the person for whom you are reviewing. This must be done withing 24 hours of posting your instructions, but no later than noon on 11/15/22.
Steps to complete Project 2 – Step D4
- Download the instructions submitted by the student who posted immediately after you in the discussion board.
- You can print the instructions or open the instructions side by side with the application window necessary to complete the task
- Download the “Usability Test Form” document from the lesson
- Have The Usability Test Form open in a word doc because you will write your comments as your are reviewing each step.
- Do not read all the instructions before beginning.
- Think out loud, narrating each step, asking questions, and offering suggestions as they arise.
- If a step is missing, note the missing step and attempt to continue.
- If you cannot continue after attempting to resolve the issue for 1 minute, state the last step you were able to complete in your report.
- Save your Useability Test Form, and upload the it as a reply post to the author of the instructions you are reviewing. Upload this form within 24 hours of his/her posting.
3.ENGL 2311 Process Description – Project 2 Process descriptions or instructions are deceptively simple. Well-written instructions are functional art that makes the user feel intelligent, capable, and competent. Poorly written instructions cause frustration, loss of productivity, and potentially a loss of money for companies. For your second project, you will create a set of instructions for a future TCC student that guides them systematically through completing a necessary online or computer-based task (selected from the sign-up sheet in this lesson). A. Conduct Research, which may include 1. Searching in google 2. Search within any MS office product 3. Ask a librarian or other person in the know on Campus 4. You may not cite any source material while completing this activity. B. Write Instructions 1. Using your own knowledge and information from your research, write a set of instructions for your assigned task. 2. You must have a minimum of 10 steps in your instructions. 3. You must have transitions between each of the steps. (Google a list of sequencing transitions.) C. Insert Custom-made Graphics (charts/images/screenshots) 1. You may not merely copy these from the internet. You must create your own. 2. If you use images, these must be screenshots or photographs you have taken. 3. You must have at least two custom-made graphics. 4. If your instructions are technical and need more graphics, you are allowed to have more than two; however, be careful that you don’t have more pictures than instructions. Not everyone is a visual learner. D. Send your finished product to a classmate for editing without any explanations. 1. He or she should be able to follow your directions unaided. 2. This will be done through the discussion board. Please make sure you follow all directions listed there. 5. Editors: You must return your editing/written comments in the discussion board within 24 hours of the person’s post, not from the time you posted. E. Make corrections and complete Final Draft The structure, instructional steps, graphics, and other ideas must all be your own. The final result for Project 2 is a polished process description for a future TCC student to help them successfully complete a process useful to any online student. Due dates: Step B: 11/11/22 before noon Step D: 11/14/22 before noon Step E: 11/16/22 before noon