In your paper,
· Explain auteur theory.
· Describe, using Chapter 8 of the text as a reference, the criteria for what makes a director an auteur.
· Identify a director who meets the criteria posed by auteur theory
· Summarize briefly the ways in which this director meets those criteria using examples from at least two of the director’s films.
· Apply the lens of auteur theory in breaking down the director’s technical competence, distinguishable personality, and interior meaning using specific examples of his/her work (e.g., particular scenes or plot components).
· Analyze the specific ways in which filmmaking techniques, consistent themes, and storytelling distinguish your chosen director as an auteur among his/her peers.
The Directors and Auteur Theory paper
· Must be 900 to 1200 words in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of Your Essay (in bold)
· Your First and Last Name
· Ashford University
· Course Code: Name of Course (e.g., ENG 225: Introduction to Film)
· Instructor’s name
· Due Date
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.