For this week’s Discussion Board we will talk about a great example of “Chemistry in our life”: Chemistry of Cell Phones. The goal is to create an open conversation, to exchange information and opinions and to create a learning environment.
You can see below an interactive image that describes a list of elements that make up the different parts of the cell phone. In your contribution, you could (these are just ideas)
· talk about one or two of those elements (physical and chemical properties, why are they uses, etc..)
· share where some of the elements are geographically found, how they are mined, price, etc..
· talk about the social, economical and environmental issues around some of the elements.
· health concern from a chemical point of view,
Please don’t just copy and paste paragraphs from a website. Write your own piece and be sure to include references to the places where you found the information.
Each student is required to participate with:
· one main contribution. This main post should include new information to the discussion, and
· two comments to classmates posts.
Listen to this podcast and express your opinion about Dr Fritz Haber and his contributions to science.
Can you think about other examples in which science discoveries may have both good and bad repercussions and applications?
Contribute to the Discussion Board with a main post and two comments to your classmates’ posts.