Health Care Versus Traditional
Unit I Project
Marketing Strategy Analysis
Choose a health care marketing product to analyze: a print advertisement, a TV commercial, a radio commercial, a flyer sent to your house, or a billboard. It can also be for any health care-related organization such as a hospital, a community organization, or a pharmaceutical company. You are highly encouraged to choose a product or organization that you use or are familiar with in order to obtain a more realistic assessment of the marketing strategy as the consumer.
There are two parts to this project. First, answer the following questions as you analyze the marketing product.
- How do you describe the marketing product?
- Are there graphics or slogans that you recognize? If so, why do you recognize them? What do they mean to you?
- What feelings are portrayed in the marketing? This can be words used, expressions of people, colors, or even music included.
- If applicable, do the pictures and visuals align with the words being said or printed? Do they send the same or different message? Why?
- Who do you believe the target audience is for this product?
- Do you believe the target will be reached based on where you saw or heard the product? Why, or why not?
- If you were designing this product, what would you change and why?
For the second part of your project, you must do the following:
- Explain how the marketing product you choose addresses the uniqueness of health care versus traditional marketing.
- Describe the ways that the product assists the company or falls short in building a successful brand.
You must include a graphic, photograph, or a link to the marketing product you analyze in this project. Be sure to properly cite your product source, along with any other resources used, in proper APA Style.
Each part listed above must be at least one page in length, with a combined total of no more than three pages. The title and reference pages do not count toward the page requirement.