In the text entry box provided, please do the following:
· Identify the fallacies for each of the five slogans or phrases provided below
· Explain or argue why you believe it to be these fallacies. (*hint – There may be more than one fallacy for each slogan or phrase).
1. “Resistance is futile.” (Borg message on Star Trek: The Next Generation)
2. “It’s the economy, stupid.” (sign on the wall at Bill Clinton’s campaign headquarters)
3. “Guns don’t kill, people do.” (NRA slogan)
4. “Dog Fighters Are Cowardly Scum.” (PETA T-shirt)
5. “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.” (attributed
to Harry S. Truman)
Your explanation or argumentation for each fallacy should be at least one paragraph each (7-10 sentences).