Indiana Wesleyan University Featuring
“Upcycling is the process of repurposing old content into something new and improved” (Roeder, 2021, para. 2). It is not that your blog is incredibly old, but the intention is the same. Sounds like great stewardship!
This assignment will provide you with information on how to capitalize on the time and talent you have previously invested in your doctoral research and writing, specifically this course, so that you can produce new, valuable content with efficiency and effectiveness. Or, as the world of writing might opine….with craftsmanship.
Roeder, L. (2021, April 12). How to turn a single blog post into 10 fresh pieces of content (or more!). Meet Edgar. https://meetedgar.com/blog/how-to-turn-a-single-blog-post-into-10-fresh-pieces-of-(new tab)
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to write for industry and practitioner journals and websites and synthesize relevant information into scholarly writings.
The DeVoe Report was a semi-annual magazine published by the DeVoe School of Business at Indiana Wesleyan University featuring strategies and advice from today’s frontrunners and experts in business. Its purpose was to empower and enrich current and future business leaders with relevant and timely content. Contributors to The DeVoe Report brought their expertise and perspectives from businesses all over the world, so readers could be challenged, enlightened and encouraged.
Writing an article ‘for publication’ in The DeVoe Report is a unique opportunity to provide fresh, vibrant, and relevant content in concisely written form for the purpose of empowering and enriching management and leaders at all levels of the organization. Your prior written Pop-Scholar blog will be developed into a ‘publishable’ popular journal article.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Access and read How to Turn a Single Blog Post into 10 Fresh Pieces of Content (or more!)(new tab) at the blog site known as Meet Edgar.
- Access and read Seven Easy Steps in Writing an Article with Substance(new tab) to set up your ‘game plan’ for completing the article timely and well.
- Read chapters 21–28 (pp. 72–88) in Everybody Writes.
- Retrieve the Popular Blog you completed in a prior assignment. Be sure to also retrieve the faculty feedback for that submission to support the process of turning your original blog into a popular article.
- Access and review some of the articles contained in The DeVoe Report(PDF document) archive, a journal formerly published by the DeVoe School of Business to become more familiar with the journal. A total of five journal issues were released before ceasing publication:
- Complete the Popular Article assignment, selecting a topic/focus that will be beneficial for your ADP:
- Establish a plan for how best to complete the written assignment timely and well using the available downloadable resources and others accessible to you.
- Select a topic that closely matches the prior Popular Blog or is a spin-off of the blog topic using some of the prior assignment content and a few of the resources.
- Conduct a more significant literature review as needed.
- Write the article in 1,200 to 1,500 words, single-spaced, with double spacing between paragraphs and graphic content (e.g., a figure or table).
- Integrate content from at least seven sources appropriate for the focus of the study. Conduct a more significant literature review as needed.
- Incorporate at least one graphic item (i.e., infographics, table, chart, list, diagram, picture, figure, etc.).
- Research how to write catchy headlines and blog titles that capture readers’ attention and draft a working title.
- Use single line space with double-spacing between paragraphs and graphics. Format per APA for all else.
- Edit, edit, edit using Word spelling and Grammar checker, Grammarly, and other helpful means.
- Submit your article as a Word document by the end of the workshop.
- LOOK AHEAD: Please note that in activity 5.1 you will be asked to submit your Popular Article for peer review by DAY TWO of the Workshop.
required url : https://meetedgar.com/blog/how-to-turn-a-single-blog-post-into-10-fresh-pieces-of-content-or-more/