New Onset Dementia Awaiting
Integrate leadership and management principles and attributes in nursing practice
You are assigned to six patients on the medical surgical unit working with a LPN/LVN and share a CNA with another RN. You are receiving report for your patients and need to identify what activities you will be assigning, delegating, supervising, and prioritizing for the shift.
- Client number 1: 50-year old male who had a heart attack and stent placed with normal vital signs
- Client number 2: 46-year-old female with full-thickness burns to the leg who needs to have dressings changed
- Client number 3: 33-year-old male firefighter who has fallen and broken his right femur after surgery with pain in his leg
- Client number 4: 18-year-old male with wheezing and labored respirations unrelieved by an inhaler
- Client number 5: 74-year-old female with new onset dementia awaiting lab results
- Client number 6: 52-year-old female who has been recently diagnoses with diabetes type 2 and is getting discharged
- Describe the patients you will be assigning to the LPN
- Describe the care that you will be delegating to the LPN and CNA
- List the interventions that you would want to supervise for the LPN and CNA
- List the clients and care from the highest to lowest priority
- Provides stated ideas with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar.