Resume Using Legible Resume
Locate a health administration position on a career website that you are interested in applying for. Be aspirational! It does not have to be a job you qualify for at the moment, but one that may be of interest to you in the future. Take a screenshot or make a PDF of the job posting to submit with your assignment.
Imagine you applied for this position and have been selected as a finalist. To better get to know you, the interview panel has asked each candidate to provide an updated cover letter, resume, and video introduction. As a finalist, you have been instructed to record a 60-90 second video, utilizing professional attire, and explaining why you are the best candidate for the promotion.
For this assignment, you will provide the following:
- Copy of the job posting.
- 1-page cover letter.
- 1-2 page resume.
- 60-90 second video.
Your assignment must include the elements listed below. Note that these instructions correspond to the grading criteria for this assignment. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Summarize your interest in the selected job in a cover letter to the prospective employer.
- Present your qualifications, education, and background in a professional resume.
- Use proper grammar, clear language, and correct spelling in all written communication.
- Construct your resume using legible resume sections: contact information, resume, summary, work experience, education, and skills.
- Create a professional video resume, utilizing professional attire and communications skills.
- Introduce yourself in the video. Summarize your accomplishments and explain why you are the best candidate for the position.
For video submissions: Please submit a valid link to your video. Your instructor must be able to see and hear you clearly in the video. If you are unable to submit a video file, you may submit an audio recording along with a PowerPoint presentation that provides a written summary of the points you cover in the audio resume.
The specific course outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a professional development strategy that fosters career readiness skills for masters-prepared health care administrators.