Supporting Points Accurately
I have uploaded the article that needs to be summarized. Needs to be 1-2 pages.
The summary must be written in your own words. Do not use quotes in your summary. A summary should contain only the author’s views, so try to be as objective as possible.
Include the following points for your summary:
● In the introduction: What is the author’s purpose, or goal, or thesis? Why is she writing this article? What does she want to say?
● What are the author’s methods or key points? How does the author go about making her points? What method is she using to conduct her study?
● What are the results, the findings?
● What are the conclusions? What does the author say about her findings? What are the implications of the results? What do the results mean for the field, for further research?
● Do not use quotes in your summary.
● A summary should contain only the author’s views, be as objective as possible.
As you revise and edit your summary, compare it to the original and ask yourself:
○ Have I rephrased the author’s words without changing their meaning?
○ Have I restated the main idea and the supporting points accurately and in my own words?