Three “ Applied Research
Using headings to organize your post, respond to the following:
- From your early understanding of applied research, would you agree or disagree that it is difficult to be a highly effective teacher or principal without having a working knowledge of the research world and how it works? (Support your answer with the readings from this Unit, as well as knowledge from your own experiences.)
- Jumping right into your research proposal, what topic would you like to explore and why is this of interest to you or important for you to research?
- List your two to three “applied research” questions that will guide your research proposal. (Remember that applied research questions must be bias-free, cannot make assumptions on the outcome, focuses on solving a current educational problem involving students, and includes the intervention [strategy] that you plan to implement and study.)
- Respond to your peers as usual, but in addition, provide constructive feedback on the structure of the applied research questions to ensure alignment with the prescribed requirements stated above.
- Your Discussion should be a minimum of 250 words in length and not more than 500 words. Please include a word count. Following the APA standard, use references and in-text citations for the textbook and any other sources.
- Choosing & Using Sources: A guide to academic research. (n.d.). Teaching & Learning, University Libraries. https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/
2. Aylesworth, G. (2015). Postmodernism. The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/sum2013/entries/postmodernism/
3. Education trends. (n.d.). Edutopia. https://www.edutopia.org/blogs/beat/education-trends
4. Baron, M. A. (2008). Guidelines for writing research proposals and dissertations. University of South Dakota. http://www.regent.edu/acad/schedu/pdfs/residency/su09/dissertation_guidelines.pdf
5. Hine, G. S. C. (2013). The importance of action research in teacher education programs. Issues in Educational Research, 23(2). https://www.iier.org.au/iier23/hine.pdf
6. Painter, D. D. (n.d.). Teacher research could change your practice. National Education Association. http://web.archive.org/web/20200217170158/http:/www.nea.org/tools/17289.htm
7. Current trends in education. (2012). TeAchnology. http://www.teach-nology.com/currenttrends/
8. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Where to begin. Purdue OWL Online Writing Lab. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/common_writing_assignments/research_papers/where_do_i_begin.html
1. Guerrero, Y.Y.G. (2012). Exploring the effect of exposure to LD through activities inside the classroom. The University of Pamplona, School of Education. [PowerPoint slides]. SlideShare. https://www.slideshare.net/yeisonguerra/applied-research-proposal-2012